Monday 25 January 2010

My Start Page

Another thing I'd never heard of...

This was the task for last week. I already had a Google account, but I hadn't used the iGoogle function.

I've not found a background I really like, but this will do for now...

I added a load of gadgets to it, including:

  • To Do list
  • Wikipedia
  • Weather
  • Googlemail
  • Shakespeare Sonnet
  • BBC News
  • Daily Literary Quote
  • Facebook (a bit temperamental - it doesn't always load)
  • Days Since (to create guilt about things I'm putting off!)

I do like the idea of having everything in one place, and replacing the myriad scraps of paper littering my desk that are my To Do lists, but I'm witholding judgement for the moment, as there are a few things I'm not so keen on. I'm concerned that the condensed versions of Facebook, Gmail and BBC News show me far less detail, but at the same time will give me enough to stop me visiting the actual sites, so I'll be less, rather than more connected to the wider world. I'll keep BBC News as my homepage for now, and see how much I use the start page...

1 comment:

  1. Hello! The blog looks good so far. Where did you find the Shakepseare sonnet for iGoogle? I must have missed that one.

    Helen.

    ReplyDelete