Sunday 28 February 2010

Book Tech Support

Well, this was a Thing I was already very familiar with. I can't say I've ever used it for work purposes (not quite the same as not using it at work, but never mind), and having looked at the uninspiring material on Youtube Edu, I'm not sure I will.

I did find a very amusing video called All Souls College - if you want to see 9 minutes of someone videoing parts of the college, zooming shakily in to one tower, then out, then back in again at the other, and similarly at the reredos, then enjoy! I especially like the opening scene where the camera zooms for ages...at Exeter College!

Still, my time wasn't wholly wasted as I found two of my favourite book-related clips:



and from the brilliant Mitchell and Webb - this is hilarious, but only if you've ever caught yourself doing it. Otherwise, it goes straight over people's heads. Personally, I think flank-patting should be introduced university wide to speed up book retrieval...

(if you do have a look, apologies in advance for the earthquake survivor gag, which obviously isn't appropriate at the moment)

1 comment:

  1. I flank-pat whenever I can't find a book for a reader at the reserve desk! Hilarious! I didn't realise it was a recognised phenomena.

    ReplyDelete