Sunday 7 February 2010

More blogging

Returning to my slice of cyber-space after a hectic week in the real world, I'm pleased to see that I have indeed had some visitors in my absence. And now that I've turned on the comments notification function, I might find out about them a little sooner from now on...

I came to tinker with the settings and add a tag cloud, as well as catch up on the 23 things homework, but I've just spent a frustrating half-hour trying the add the above as a reply to the comments on my previous post. Is this just not possible on Blogger? I just assumed it would be an obvious thing that bloggers would want to do. I tried to just post a comment as a reader, but it wouldn't let me do that either, and deleted what I wrote - I originally pondered the potential value and vanity of blogs a little more, and how they seem a very paradoxical way to communicate, but I can't be bothered to write it out again.

Any comments about comments gratefully received.

2 comments:

  1. Quite a few people have reported similar problems with comments, and they have all been using Internet Explorer 6 - if this is the browser you are using that might explain it. If you have access to Firefox or an updated IE then you should find your commenting problems vanish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jane, that's strange. As I always have to be awkward, I was actually using Firefox when I had the problems - it basically wouldn't let me look at my blog whilst signed in. I'm now on IE8, and all the options came up without me doing anything.

    ReplyDelete