Sunday 14 February 2010

Tactical Error


Krakow
Originally uploaded by Fiona_at_New
The small selection of pictures I uploaded to flickr were ones I was really pleased with - I'm vain enough not to want to publish blurry attempts to get my friends all in one picture, and all those night shots that didn't quite work out (there are enough of those on Facebook, anyway!).

That meant, though, that when it came to editing on Picnik, there wasn't very much I wanted to do to my favourite photos!

Still, I changed one of the ones I showed below to sepia, as you can see.

I usually pride myself on being able to work out how to do computery thing just by trying things out, or, if all else fails, reading the instructions. I can't, however, work out how to
a) drop photos from flickr directly into my blog
b) put more than one photos into a blog post, as I'm doing this directly from flickr.
c) save the photos on flickr which I edited via Picnik, back onto my computer.

Any suggestions? Perhaps I'm just expecting things which aren't possible, but I'm getting very frustrated!

2 comments:

  1. Posting photos from Flickr to blogs is not as straightforward as it should be, I'll agree. This is how I've been doing it:

    a) Open up the picture you want in Flickr and click on 'all sizes'. Select the size of picture you'd like in your blog and scroll down the page to where it gives you some HTML code. Copy this and paste it into your blog post (select the 'edit HTML' tab rather than the 'compose' tab in the posting screen for this).

    b) I also haven't found a way to blog multiple photos directly from Flickr, so have done this manually myself using the method above.

    c) Again open up the photo and click on 'all sizes'. There'll be a link at the top for 'download full size image', or you can just right-click and 'save as'.

    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks, Jane, that's really helpful!

    I have to say it would never have occured to me to look under the heading 'all sizes' for how to make links and copies, so I'm surprised that it's not more straightforward, but I'm also glad it wasn't something really obvious that I just didn't see!

    ReplyDelete